1. Be Consistent – Consistency applies to every aspect in your life, from your relationships to the things you do in your personal life. Everything you
start this year, be consistent with it. With consistency you’ll be able to see a difference in what you do and it allows you to be true to your word, due to your actions being consistent. ‘Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might, for there is no work or thought or knowledge or wisdom in Sheol, to which you are going.’ Ecclesiastes 9:10.
2. Set yourself goals – Take the time to set aside a moment
where you can actually think about your goals. Allow these goals to motivate you. Whether long term goals or short term goals. Think it, write it and do it.
Vision boards are a great way of setting goals. Being able to visualise your goals places your frame of mind in the right path, your ‘thoughts become things’. There is not a goal that is too high for you to reach, if you can think of it, you can achieve it, so don’t limit yourself! ‘Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart’ Psalm 37:4.
3. Educate yourself – applied knowledge is power, remember applied knowledge is power. It’s not just good enough knowing your stuff, be able to apply it whenever and wherever you can in life. Whether it’s educating yourself on your history or even what you lack knowledge on.. Just keep on educating yourself. Learning new things makes you feel good about yourself, allows you to have more opinions, it opens your mind and even improves your vocabulary. You can do this by reading books, engaging in meaningful discussions or debates and even watching some TED talks videos. ‘An intelligent heart acquires knowledge, and the ear of the wise seeks knowledge.’ Proverbs 18:15.
4. Be aware of your Health – Be consistent with looking after your health. Eat right and be active. Not saying that you have to pay for gym every month but you can work out at home or go out for a jog, swim or cycle, just be active! Health is not only about being physically healthy, it is also about being aware of your mental health, take into consideration your emotional and psychological well being. Give yourself some time out, some YOU time, a time to relax and surround yourself around good positive people and have a positive mindset.‘Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well.’ 3 John 1:2.
5. Look after yourself – Focus on making you the best version of yourself. Firstly understand that you are the only you in this world and no one can be you. Make yourself happy, find out your likes and talents and work at it. Do something different that you’ve always wanted to try out. Enjoy life, have fun, stay away from harming others, do what makes you comfortable and be happy! ‘I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.’ Psalm 139:14.
Not only have I written this blogpost to benefit those reading it, I’ve also written it for myself. Just a reminder of things I have to stick by throughout this year, in fact through out my life. Thank you for reading.